Since 2013 WCRFC has awarded two student-player scholarships of $750, which
recognize excellence and achievement in soccer, academics and community
involvement. For the 2021 scholarship, eligible students must be currently in Grade 12 and attending a post secondary institution in the fall of 2021. They must have played their youth soccer with WCRFC.
Two scholarships are available in 2021. Each scholarship is worth $750.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Have maintained a strong academic standing and will be graduating from a
Prince Edward Island High School in 2021.
2. Have played club, high school and/or provincial soccer during the past year;
3. Have demonstrated leadership qualities through volunteerism and community
4. Have been a youth player with WCRFC.
To apply, submit an essay outlining your reasons for wanting to be considered for the
- Talk about your involvement in soccer and any achievements that you are particularly
- Discuss any leadership roles you may have had or any volunteering activities in
community, sport and school
- Consider how the game of soccer and the people who supported your journey have
had a positive influence on your life.
- Detail your future plans in education and soccer, including which post secondary institution you are planning to attend in the fall of 2021.
- Include two references with your application
- Include your most recent high school transcript (unofficial)
As an example, the following is an excerpt from a previous application for this award:
Soccer has provided me with a healthy lifestyle, fitness and athletic success, and has
brought me into contact with teammates and coaches that have had major impacts on multiple aspects of my life - thanks to WCRFC. The community that surrounds the WCRFC is a true family; members and volunteers of all ages come together for the game of soccer to provide kids with positive and enjoyable experiences and opportunities, for which I will be forever grateful. Participating as a member of the Winsloe-Charlottetown Royals has also taught me valuable lessons about giving back as I have been able to volunteer at tournaments, fundraise, and support the community that has supported me for so long.
Submit by e-mail to our Executive Director
DEADLINE: April 30, 2021
Submissions will be reviewed by the Awards Director and an ad hoc committee of board