Information and Advice for Coaches
YOUTH TEAM PRACTICE/GAME SCHEDULE 2023
- Coaches should use the RAMP website to communicate with players and parents. Each team receives a password to administer their team site. WC encourages teams that RAMP is used as the main form of communication.
- Having a parents meeting is highly recommended. It gives you an opportunity to meet all parents, set out the plans for the season, answer key questions early on. Coaches could give a handout (or post it on the team website).
- Discuss dates of provincials and tournaments at the parent’s meeting so that families can plan vacations. Ask each family to indicate as soon as possible what their summer plans are.
- Team philosophy should be discussed such as: providing an enjoyable experience from a social and sporting perspective, to provide the opportunity for each player to grow and improve as a soccer player and to provide practice and competitive opportunities for each player and the team to demonstrate their abilities
- Determine and discuss team objectives, team rules. Discuss playing time through the season and also for playoffs.
- Follow the Code of Conduct. All coaches, players and parents are expected to treat all involved with respect including referees and opponents. Coaches and managers are volunteers and are to be approached cordially at all times.
- Contact Club Coordinator at email@example.com with team practice preferences (Premier teams should aim to practice twice a week).
- Schedule - weekly league games - players should be asked to be at the field well before game time to warm-up and receive instructions and game plans from coaches
- Provincial championship tournament occur in late August-early September (dates TBA)