Are you interested to find out why your kids love soccer so much, and why soccer is the number 1 participation sport in the world?
Were you a Timbit soccer player many years ago and want to relive those “Glory Days”?
Would you like to get outside, get some exercise, and meet some new people?
Winsloe Charlottetown Royals FC is hoping to offer a weekly parents pick up soccer night. This would be 7 vs 7 on a small field, teams would be Co-ed and games are recreational.
This is just a preliminary notice to see if there is enough interest to move forward with this idea.
Some tentative details.
- "Pickup games" - teams are picked the evening of the games, no set teams
- Strictly recreational - anyone and everyone can play, no previous soccer experience necessary
- Games would be played at the Winsloe Complex
- Cost would be $50/player for the season or $80 for a couple. (We need to register with PEI Soccer to provide insurance for everyone)
- Games would be held on the weekend evenings to avoid conflict with youth and mini programs
- Parents who are playing can drop off their kids with our staff coaches, who will be providing soccer programming at the same time for any players registered in WCRFC programs (on another field at the complex)
- Parents can bring a friend/neighbour to play as well, they just need to pay the registration fee. (Only WCRFC registered kids can join the programming provided by staff coaches)
- BBQ nights and other social gatherings will be considered
Please contact us as well if you have any questions or ideas in regard to the program.